For a girl who loves her nails as much as I do, winter time is the season that I dread the most. My once smooth nails become dried up and lose the luster that gets me so many compliments from friends. When I thought there was no hope to hold onto, I started reading about the best nail strengtheners. So many brands promised to give me back the strong and hard nails I had during the warmer months all year round. If you are like me, keep reading and save yourself the hours of time and testing I spent to find the best pick.
I am very thorough in this post and I realize that not everyone has the time to read it. Because of this, I will share my favorite nail strengthener and you can get all the details below if you have time. I went with the OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (click here to see them on amazon). It is a great deal price wise and does exactly as promised unlike the many fakers in this industry. I use this product every time the weather gets cold and it never lets my nails down.
OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener
Nailtiques Nail Protein Formula 2
Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Instant Nail Hardener
Gelish Vitagel Recovery LED/UV Cured Nail Strengthener
Things to Consider Before Buying a Nail Strengthener
Having your nails look their best doesn’t come without a bit of preparation and effort. Part of this plan involves finding the best nail strengthener possible. The task is not easy because there are different types available and you need to find the one that is best for you. I hope this little mini guide I put together helps. I put everything I learned from testing so many out on my own. Take into consideration the features below before you make any buying decisions.
There are nail strengtheners on the market designed for any issue you are dealing with. Girls that have weak nails and want them stronger should consider gel formulas. On the other hand, those with dried up nails need a formula that hydrates them. Cream type formulas are perfect for this and are the best hydrators. Before making a purchase, I look at the ingredient list and try to find what I am looking for. Always make sure they include aloe Vera, vitamin E and proteins that will help your weak nails. In the past, a lot of these types of products came with an ingredient called formaldehyde. It is toxic and can cause cancer so make sure to buy a nail strengthener that doesn’t have it.
#2 Type of Product
The two kinds of nail strengtheners you can buy are either hydrators or hardeners. Within the hardener category, you also have reinforcing hardeners and cross-linking hardeners. If you are not a patient person and need results that are instantaneous, go with a hardener. Results can take a while with hydrators because their sole purpose is to make you have pliable nails. Hydrators have a creamy texture that you can rub on your nails on a consistent basis to see the best results.
Price range of nail strengtheners can vary anywhere from very cheap to kind of expensive. It’s price point depends on what ingredients the formula has and also goes by the brand. I always go on several websites to compare prices and see who has the best deal. Some sites even agree to match the lowest price as long as you can show proof. If you are the owner of a salon, I suggest you go and buy wholesale. Some ingredients that make strengthener expensive are micro-diamonds and titanium. I think is best to avoid these and find ones that come with cheaper but all natural ingredients.
- Don’t decide on your own why you have weak and dry nails. Go consult with a doctor first who me be able to tell whether its genetic or not. Certain illnesses can also lead issues with your nails.
- Some nails strengtheners have very powerful ingredients so you should not go overboard. Listen to the instructions to a tee don’t apply it more than recommended.
- Cleanse your skin immediately if you feel any kind of burning sensations after usage. You can corrupt your skin in a serious manner if you don’t.
- Extending your use of hardeners can lead to the opposite of the results you seek. Instead of shiny nails with a strong surface, you will end up with weak and cracked ones.
- Don’t forget that Formaldehyde is the enemy and you should not use anything on your nails that has it. It is notorious for drying up our nails and making them look dull.
- Everyone’s nails react differently after applying formula on them. If you see anything strange on your nails after, stop using it and go to a doctor if necessary.
- No matter what product you buy, read as many reviews written by real customers as you can. Whenever I buy anything with high ratigs from customers, I am usually okay.
- Using nail strengtheners isn’t enough to keep your nails strong and pretty. you must also make an effort to protect them and use gloves when needed. Chores like washing dishes should always be done with the proper equipment.
- Before going anywhere sunny, never forget to apply sun lotion on both your skin and your nails. This keeps them full of life and healthy.